- I wake at 4:40 AM, my routine begins
- I leave home at 5:30 AM to eat
- At 5:54 AM I begin my coffee routine and enjoying the company around me
- Some friends come and go while I am there
- At 8:30 AM, my friend the cook sits beside me and we talk as she eats
- I depart the facility at about 9:05 AM heading home
- I arrive home, post some verbiage on WordPress
- I complete my second phase of the routine at 10:04 AM
- I sit at the computer, drowsy, and move to the recliner
- I hear a knock at the door at 1:09 PM UPS delivery
- WOW, What am I? Who am I? Why am I?
- Awake now, a second awakening, a second life for today.
I have a couple of things to do today, one is to clean my tchotchke while I enjoy my slumgullion with a spot of tea. After this, I shall find another project to engage in like some study items, or things to do issues. I know I will be washing dishes because they are already in the washer ready for me to light the fire.
Today I shall clean my tchotchke items and enjoy some slumgullion.
Yesterday’s doctor visit went well, just some updates and questions, and come back someday. I did find out that the VA clinic that I go to has only one doctor on staff now. He is a dentist. I see a nurse practitioner when I go to the VA clinic. They are good but most of my work is outside the VA.
Ok, today was interesting. I am scheduled for eye surgery, the replacement of the lens in the left eye on the 2nd of January.
I also found from the test today that I am bleeding inside my right eye, I do not think it is really bad because it has before, but again, I am diabetic, doing insulin, and that is where the major concern is for now. I have to see a Retinologist which is located in the same office as my main eye doctor. He will decide what my next steps are and if it can be done with antibiotics or surgery of some type.
It is always something but I will go as far as I can to get back to some kind of life. This just an update on the doctor’s visits.
I moved to the bed instead of the recliner. Wow, that was a painful decision. It is 4:35 AM EST now and I am up, about, and trying to recover from some of the pain. A word of advice, if you are young stay young, if you are old as I then your damage has already about you. I am up now and I shall go on about my day remembering how it was and how it is today. I will not feel sorry for myself, nor will I complain but I will just keep on keeping on until father time reminds that my day is in the past, not today.
Once again as the world turns we have another Friday to end the work week for so many, and yet so many do not have week ends, a Government thing or Union thing I can not say. Lets all rejoice in today and with a smile for someone enjoy it regardless if it is a final day of the work week or a continuation of a secession of many days.
Another Friday. As I sit here writing this I listen to the sounds of rain drops hitting the cars and outside right now. Yep, another Friday with rain.